Coffee grounds are the rivaled enemy of clean kitchens: they are sneaky, silent, and travel in high numbers. These tiny remnants will climb all the way to the back of your machine if left untended, but with Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner Powder there is no need to worry! Specifically engineered for backflushing, this formula combines maximum solubility with cleaning power and easy rinsing to match. Protect your internal components from a buildup of espresso residue, and extend its serviceability by a matter of years with regular upkeep. NSF-certified for metal compatibility and safety, the Urnex Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaning Powder will work hard so you can rest easy knowing your machine is clean and clear of coffee buildup.
Check out our supply of blind filters if you’re in need of a new cleaning basket!
Steps for Use of Urnex Cafiza Espresso Machine Powder
- Preparation – Insert your blind basket and add 3g (1/2 tsp) of Cafiza. Replace portafilter in machine.
- Clean Cycle – Activate your brewhead as though you were pulling a shot and maintain position for ten seconds. Turn off brew cycle.
- Observe and Repeat! – Keep an eye on your solenoid valve as the cleaning solution is drained into your drip tray. The water color should change from amber to clear as you repeat these steps a total of 5 times.
- Rinse – Replace blank basket with your regular set and run hot water through portafilter to ensure no cleaning solution remains in the group.
- Optional – Soak your portafilter and basket(s) inside a container of 6g Cafiza and 32oz hot water for 30 minutes to remove all remaining coffee oils.