If you have never seen the crema that comes off of a bottomless portafilter, allow us to express just how perfect it is, both in taste and in aesthetics. La Marzocco has created this Bottomless Portafilter for its wonderfully designed GS/3 machines.
This well crafted portafilter does not include a basket.
How the La Marzocco GS/3 Bottomless Portafilter Works
Fill it up just like you would a standard portafilter.
- Lightly fill the portafilter basket to the top.
- Use your finger to gently even out the grounds.
- Lightly press the tamper into the grounds and find a good center point.
- Evenly apply approximately 30 pounds of pressure to the grounds.
- Tap the side of the portafilter to reveal loose grounds.
- Sit back and enjoy one of the coolest-looking effects in espresso extraction.